** This season: September, 5, 2017 through June, 25, 2018 **
2018 Recital – June 26,27,28
Updates will be forthcoming on regular basis
KEEP THIS INFORMATION FOR YEAR-ROUND REFERENCE
IMPORTANT DATES: Please refer to the separate studio calendar
TUITION, AND LATE CHARGES
- A non-refundable registration fee of $35.00 per student is payable upon registration to cover administrative costs and the distribution of all communications you will receive periodically throughout the season, notifying you of studio events and other important information.
- All tuition is due on the first lesson of each month, for the entire month. There will be a “late charge” of $20.00 for any account not paid in full before the 10th of the month. A $20.00 Bank Fee will be charged for all “Returned Checks.” We accept Visa and Master Card, as well as Bank Debit cards with the Visa or Master Card logo. An additional 3% bank convenience fee applies for credit card payments.
- A student will not be allowed to continue lessons if her/his class tuition is ONE-MONTH DELINQUENT, unless prior arrangements have been agreed upon. When the past-due tuition is paid, the student may resume lessons.
- Private lessons are payable per lesson or monthly. No lesson will be given to a student with a balance due of any kind.
- A tuition reduction is available on all classes for families with two or more students enrolled, excluding privates. INDIVIDUAL AND FAMILY “MAX” FIXED TUITION APPLIES FOR STUDENTS IN MULTIPLE TECHNIQUE CLASSES. “STYLES” CLASSES, POM TECHNIQUE CLASSES, “DANCE FORCE” PERFORMING COMPANY AND “POWER CLUB EXPRESS” ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE “MAX” TUITION PROGRAM. Rate reductions are available for students taking more than one class per week.
- Tuition is based on a 4-week month, with no extra charge for a 5-week month. The monthly tuition remains the same whether there are 3, 4 or 5-week lessons in a particular month. The 5th week “no charge” lessons will compensate for 3-week month due to holidays, snow days etc. There is NO payment by the lesson unless specifically approved by management.
SCHOLARSHIPS, ATTENDANCE AND MAKE-UP LESSONS
- There are a limited number of dance and acro scholarships available for alumni students of Motion Express and for students from families who meet the criteria set by the school. For details on this subject please see Miss Tanya.
- Make-up lessons are offered when the student has been absent due to illness or if more than one class was canceled due to severe weather conditions. (Please be sure to check at the office if any make-up lessons are due you, as it is your responsibility, not the teacher’s to schedule a make-up). When necessary, a notice designating make-up dates and times will be sent home or emailed to everyone. If you cannot make the dates given, the make-up lessons will have to be forfeited. NOTE: WE WILL SEND A MASS EMAIL TO ALL FAMILIES IF A DECISION IS MADE TO CANCEL CLASSES DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER; WE WILL ALSO POST A MESSAGE ON KSDK, News Channel 5 – you will not be personally called.
- Regular attendance is necessary if a student wishes to show any marked degree of improvement. No student can achieve any degree of proficiency by coming and going at will. Students with poor attendance may have to be moved to lower level classes in order to “catch-up” on too much missed class work. Attendance is taken into consideration for advancement.
- Please do not enter or leave the studio solely in your dance attire without proper outer clothing. Do not wear any of your dance shoes to and from class since the weather and dirt from the outside will ruin them.
- ABSOLUTELY NO STREET SHOES ALLOWED INSIDE OUR DANCE ROOMS IN ORDER TO PROTECT OUR DANCE FLOORS! FOR OUR HIP HOP CLASSES, YOU MUST DESIGNATE A CLEAN PAIR OF SNEAKERS JUST FOR DANCE!
NO FOOD OR DRINKS OF ANY SORT ARE ALLOWED IN ANY OF THE CLASSROOMS OR ANY AREA OF THE STUDIO WITH THE EXCEPTION OF OUR RECREATIONAL ROOM!
- All students are required to arrive on time for their lessons and while on the premises of the studio conduct themselves in an orderly fashion. The teachers are not baby sitters and will not tolerate any disrespect. Small children who are guests are to be supervised at all times. Please do not allow small children to have food or drinks while viewing classes, or while in the lobby area.
- TEACHERS ARE TO BE ADDRESSED AS: MISS OR COACH – “FIRST NAME” BASIS ONLY. A good attitude is very important in a learning environment.
- It is very important that all dance shoes and bags be labeled with the student’s name. It helps when they are left in the studio. Our “Lost and found” container is located in the recreational room. THE STUDIO IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST ITEMS.
- Please, no parents in the classroom during any class or private lesson. The viewing area is for this purpose. We invite any questions you may have on your child’s progress to be discussed by appointment with your child’s teacher. Please do not take up the teacher’s “class” time with discussion.
- Please inform teachers of any injuries, allergies, or special problems that might need attention or extra care. Teachers must know of any situation requiring special attention.
- HOME PRACTICE is needed by each student to progress and parents’ encouragement in this matter is greatly appreciated. Students who are not too ill to attend class or have an injury should still come to class to observe.
- PLEASE ADVISE US OF ANY ADDRESS, TELEPHONE or E-MAIL CHANGES.
- PLEASE READ THE BULLETIN BOARD REGULARLY FOR IMPORTANT MESSAGES.
- CHECK WITH YOUR CHILD EVERY WEEK FOR NOTICES GIVEN OUT IN CLASS. WE WILL MAKE E-MAIL OUR PREFERED WAY OF STUDIO TO HOME COMMUNICATION!
* * * I M P O R T A N T R E M I N D E R * * *
- LATE CHARGE OF $ 20.00 ON ALL UNPAID TUITION WILL BE STRICTLY REINFORCED UNLESS PREVIOUSLY CLEARED BY MISS TANYA. YOUR FEES BECOME “LATE” AFTER THE 10th OF EACH MONTH!
Motion Express School of Dance and Acrobatics has a developmental philosophy of teaching. Training includes learning to dance within a group as well as acquiring individual expression. Classes are formed with an “overall” make-up ability considered according to age, technique and performance levels. Keep in mind that by repetition we gain mastery of dance or acrobatic technique. Progress is NOT judged by comparison of one individual to another. Proper training takes years of learning and practice, consequently each student must be allowed to progress according to his/her individual style and pace.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE REGULARLY
On-Line registration and payments available through our website/Studio Director Portal
Visit and “LIKE” our Facebook Page: Motion Express School of Dance
159 Concord Plaza -St. Louis, MO 63128
(314) 843-2061-studio phone; studio email: firstname.lastname@example.org